End of Summer Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ODDS OF WINNING THE CONTEST WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED AS OF THE APPLICABLE DRAWING DATE DEADLINE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. CONTEST ENDS AT MIDNIGHT 09/30/21. WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON SOCIAL MEDIA ON 10/08/21.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The MAD Design Group Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) by Ecosmart Inc. dba MAD Design Group (“Company” or “We” or “Us”) will take place during the Promotion Period Below and is subject to the information in the chart below. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period (as defined below). Any entries received after the Promotion Period will not be considered. The Company's website is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes entries shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
- Promotion Period: August 23th, 2021 12am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) until September 30th, 2021 11:59pm PDT
- Prize Awarded: (1) EcoSmart Fire Fire Table up to $5,545 (1) Heatscope Heater up to $2,830 (1) Blinde Seating Set up to $4,485 (1) Blinde Accessory (Bar Cart OR Stitch Planter)
- Number of Prizes Awarded: 1
- Retail Value: Up to $15,000 (Product and shipping costs)
- Date Prize Winner Announced: October 8th, 2021
2. Eligibility Sweepstakes is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and all overseas military installations) who are at least (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants must have a valid United States Social Security Number or ITIN.
Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Company and its parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to participate or win the Contests.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the contest, Entrants must do the following:
a) Follow Ecosmart Fire (@ecosmartfire), Blinde Design (@blindedesign), and Heatscope Heaters (@Heatscope Heaters) on Instagram
b) Follow the Sweepstakes link to www.ecosmartfire.com/summergiveaway and c) Complete the online form.
5. Entry Restrictions: There is a maximum of one (1) entry per person.
Valid entries must contain all information required as described in Section 4 above. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sweepstakes winner will be selected from online entries only. The Administrator will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, entrants unconditionally acknowledge compliance with and acceptance of these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant. Additional entries beyond the specified limit or submitted after the Entry Period will be void. Any entries that do not comply with these Official Rules are void. All entries submitted in compliance with the Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries” for the purposes of the Contest.
6. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Company from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes will depend upon the number of eligible entries. Winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Company, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Prize(s) will be delivered directly to the winner’s shipping address. Lead times will be determined by the Company. Total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $15,000.00. Any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Company reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. Winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”, and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Company will not replace any lost or stolen Prize. If prize notification or Sweepstakes-related communication is lost, rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable, or if a winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Administrator (as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion) or is disqualified, the Administrator reserves the right to randomly choose an alternate potential winner, in its sole discretion.
Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to the Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Contests or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), pandemic, regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Company’s sole control.
8. Claiming Prize: Winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email within three (3) business days after the Sweepstakes drawing and will be given three (3) business days to confirm receipt of notification. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided, the Administrator reserves the right to select another potential winner at its sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities are not liable if email is not responded to within the time allowed or prize notification letter is lost in the mail or returned as undeliverable when delivery is attempted by regular mail. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the prize in excess of the number of prizes set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised prize may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
9. Release Form: Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the "Affidavit") within seven (7) days of notification, and in any event before receiving the prize. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within that time may result in forfeiture of prize and random selection of alternate potential winner from remaining eligible entries. Winner will be subject to a verification process, to include providing a completed W-9 including the winner's name, date of birth, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number.
10. Delivery Disclaimer: The Sweepstakes Entities disclaim all liability for the inability of an entrant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. The Sweepstakes Entities disclaim all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for typographical errors, human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles will be accepted. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. Sweepstakes Entities Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities Company corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sweepstakes Entities will determine winners in an equitable manner as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion.
12. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Company Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner must provide the Company with a completed IRS Form W-9 with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes which is paid directly to the person from the Administrator will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.12. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Company Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner must provide the Company with a completed IRS Form W-9 with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes which is paid directly to the person from the Administrator will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
13. Conduct and Decisions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sweepstakes Entities. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company Companywill interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately alter, circumvent, disrupt, damage any website, or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Hold Harmless/Release: As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Ecosmart Inc. DBA MAD Design USA, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages or causes of action, losses, costs or expenses with respect to or in any way arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, entrants participation in the Sweepstakes, or the use of the entrant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) except to the extent prohibited by applicable law under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Miscellaneous: Winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Administrator’s Affidavit to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Company is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prize. All entries and information become property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
16. Winner List: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than ninety (90) days after the end date of the MAD Design USA to: 5875 Green Valley Cir Suite 100, Culver City, CA 90230
17. Terms and Conditions: All terms and conditions are incorporated into the rules of this sweepstakes.
18. Jurisdiction: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Company in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California and where the relevant contacts are with such state. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Los Angeles, California.
19. Choice of Law: Any and all legal disputes and lawsuits between entrants and Sweepstakes Entities shall be governed by the laws of the state of California.
20. Company and Sweepstakes Administrator: MAD Design USA 5875 Green Valley Cir Suite 100, Culver City, CA 90230 is the sole sponsor. Company reserves the right to change or cancel the promotion at any time.